.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sabbath School for a New Generation

Among Seventh Day Adventists, Sabbath School is a time for discussion and learning. It is the belief of this site that Sabbath School should be an exciting venue for the discussion of new ideas, instead of rehashing old arguments. So welcome to a virtual Sabbath School, a Sabbath School for a new generation.

My Photo
Name:

I am an Electrical Engineer, working at Intel in the Portland area. I received my undergraduate degree from Walla Walla College and graduate degrees from the University of Southern California. The views expressed on this website are my own and do not reflect the viewpoints of anybody else. I reserve the right to change my mind at any point in time.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Good Commentary by Alden Thompson

You should check out what Alden Thompson wrote on Spectrum Magazine's Sabbath School Commentary. He discusses the identity of the little horn. While I tend to be agree with those who say that the little horn represents Antiochus Epiphines, he has some good points. For example one of the reasons why it can be hard to identify which symbol represents which bad guy, is that they truely do all look the same. Here is a key quote where he extends the metaphor Opus style:
But that’s also why the story turns scary here, for we can be so eager to pin the right label on horns and beasts that we forget to look in the mirror and recognize ourselves as potentially close relatives of the beast.