.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sabbath School for a New Generation

Among Seventh Day Adventists, Sabbath School is a time for discussion and learning. It is the belief of this site that Sabbath School should be an exciting venue for the discussion of new ideas, instead of rehashing old arguments. So welcome to a virtual Sabbath School, a Sabbath School for a new generation.

My Photo
Name:

I am an Electrical Engineer, working at Intel in the Portland area. I received my undergraduate degree from Walla Walla College and graduate degrees from the University of Southern California. The views expressed on this website are my own and do not reflect the viewpoints of anybody else. I reserve the right to change my mind at any point in time.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Wesleyan Quadrilateral

This weekend in sabbath school we discussed the Wesleyan Quadrilateral, which is based somewhat on the teachings of John Wesley, although the name was only created for it about thirty years ago. The quadrilateral includes Scripture, Reason, Experience, and Tradition. Reason, Experience, and Tradition are all used to interpret scripture. I have run across it several books that I have been reading lately, so I thought it would make an interesting discussion. Here are a few articles that I dug up while preparing this lesson.