.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sabbath School for a New Generation

Among Seventh Day Adventists, Sabbath School is a time for discussion and learning. It is the belief of this site that Sabbath School should be an exciting venue for the discussion of new ideas, instead of rehashing old arguments. So welcome to a virtual Sabbath School, a Sabbath School for a new generation.

My Photo
Name:

I am an Electrical Engineer, working at Intel in the Portland area. I received my undergraduate degree from Walla Walla College and graduate degrees from the University of Southern California. The views expressed on this website are my own and do not reflect the viewpoints of anybody else. I reserve the right to change my mind at any point in time.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Veritas Forum

I found this website with quite a few mp3 files of various talks by Christian speakers. I just finished listening to "Rethinking Relationships," with Don Miller, who is the author of Blue Like Jazz. It was quite entertaining, but also helpful. He talks about the relational aspects of religion. This is very important and I frequently lose sight of it.

Here is the summary of the talk from the Veritas website:

Donald Miller is the author of Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality and Searching for God Knows What, in addition to articles written for numerous magazines. He is a frequent speaker on issues concerning the relevancy of Christ to the human struggle. Miller also leads an a small campus ministry at Reed College, which had the recent distinction of being ranked one of the "most godless" colleges in the country.