.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sabbath School for a New Generation

Among Seventh Day Adventists, Sabbath School is a time for discussion and learning. It is the belief of this site that Sabbath School should be an exciting venue for the discussion of new ideas, instead of rehashing old arguments. So welcome to a virtual Sabbath School, a Sabbath School for a new generation.

My Photo
Name:

I am an Electrical Engineer, working at Intel in the Portland area. I received my undergraduate degree from Walla Walla College and graduate degrees from the University of Southern California. The views expressed on this website are my own and do not reflect the viewpoints of anybody else. I reserve the right to change my mind at any point in time.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Ideas for future Sabbath School lessons

I am basically putting these out there so that I can refer back to them later.
  • Experiencing God. My Sabbath School class has been active in going on mission trips. They have had some wonderful encounters with God on these trips. However they have stated that they don't experience God in their every day lives. I find this unbalanced, so I would like to discuss it further.
  • The Importance of the Present. So much of my Christian experience has been based on a future anticipation of heaven. As Christians we should be more concerned about our present reality. This is an extension of a talk I did about prophecy not being about the future, but the present.